Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Why?

When I am dancing my teacher Marybeth always tells me to put more emotion into my dancing. I have a hard time showing more emotion since I don’t know that much about the background of hula. I am hoping that if I know more of the background it will help me to connect more. I want to improve in my dancing emotionally and physically.

Why did hula start?

What does the chanting during the dancing mean?

Are there any exercises I can do to make me stronger for hula?

What do the different outfits mean for the different dances?

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

How do these questions connect up with emotion in the dancing? How emotion is conveyed in art is an interesting topic, well worth researching, but I don't see a question here yet that touches on your goal.