Monday, October 8, 2007

Isearch background

I have always loved dance but never could find the time or money to continue to go. I took some dance lessons when I was younger but didn’t stick with them. I tryed ballet and tap the two that most little girls try when they are young. I enjoyed both but I didn' t continue to go because a lot of my friends stopped going and I didn't want to do it if I was by myself. I took gymnastics with my cousin when I was little, which was probably my favorite and the one I stayed with the longest. I eventually stopped going so I could play sports in school. The last time I took any kind of dance lessons were when I took Jazz and that was when I was in high school. I didn’t enjoy going because we didn’t learn dances it was more just the different steps. I know in order to do dances you have to know the steps but I got to bored I needed something more to keep me interested. I have always wanted to get back into dance so when I would go in to get my hair done my hairdresser would talk about a hula class she was taking. She said it was a lot of fun and they learned different dances so they could perform for people. She had been taking lessons for a few months and really enjoyed it. The more and more I heard her talk about it the more I was interested and thought I should give it a try. She said that the hula group was going to perform at her birthday party so I should go and check it out. I couldn’t make it to her party but my mother ended up going and telling me all about it. She said they had on beautiful outfits for each dance they performed. There was only about 5 ladies dancing and then about 4 little girls. I finally called the teacher; Marybeth to see when I could come by. She holds classes on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday so any day would be fine. I also learned that her house which is where she has the class was only five minutes away from mine. A friend and I decided to go a week later and try it out. I wanted a time where I could do something for myself I have three wonderful kids and a husband at home but sometimes it is nice to do something for your self. I thought this was perfect since the class wasn’t very much money and it wasn’t that far away both of those are important to me since I didn’t want to take away from my family. I figured I deserved a little time away.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Sure--this is fine, detailed and definitely all background--just break it into shorter grafs and call it done.