Friday, October 12, 2007

What?

Some people can automatically put emotion behind anything, me on the other hand has a hard time doing that. Some of the woman I dance with you can see on there faces all the emotion they put into it. I wish I knew how they do that. You can look in some of there eyes and just see that they are into the song and all the meaning that is behind it. I’m not sure why hula started I think it had something to do with wanting to tell a story through dancing and performing. I lack the knowledge to tell a story with my face and with my moves during dances. During the dances you hear a lot of chanting in the songs I believe it’s letting the audience know what the dance is about. I don’t know what they are saying all the time so it is hard for me to connect with the different dances. It is hard to show the audience the story when I don’t I don’t know the whole story a lot of the time. When you are performing you change your outfits according to the song you are doing. For a slow hula dance you usually wear a long dress and for most of the other dances you wear a long full skirt and a top that looks kind of like a tube top but it isn’t fitted.

In hula you have to stay very low basically squatting most of the time you’re dancing, so your legs need to be strong. I think that by doing squats at home that would help with my endurance when it comes to this. I don’t have issues with learning the dances because I can continue to practice until I get it right. I would like it if my legs wouldn’t shake when I have done the same move over and over again because they are so tired. I guess practice makes perfect.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

"Some people can automatically put emotion behind anything, me on the other hand has a hard time doing that. Some of the woman I dance with you can see on there faces all the emotion they put into it. I wish I knew how they do that. You can look in some of there eyes and just see that they are into the song and all the meaning that is behind it."

Part of 'Why' maybe. Don't lose it--it's important!

Needs paragraphing.